When I sat down to enjoy this flavour packed veggie burger stuffed with brie cheese, I did not know just how many people would share in the excitement of my creation! I entered this photo of my homemade burger, dressed with avocado sauce and pickled onions, in a burger contest and promptly forgot all about it, until my Brie Stuffed Veggie Burger won the contest.
I was honoured to have my beautiful burger recognized and, of course, was thrilled to win the prize (who doesn’t love winning?). I did re-prize it as I love to share good fortune (even more than winning) and it was too good to keep to myself!
Brie Stuffed Veggie Burgers
MAKES: 4 SERVINGS
- 1 pkg Veggie Burger Mix (Pkg of 2)
- 1/2 C (125 ml) hot water
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) lemon juice
- 1 C (250 ml) cooked quinoa
- 1 C (250 ml) grated zucchini (or carrot)
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) oil
- Brie Cheese (or other soft cheese)
- In a bowl, combine first 5 ingredients. Let stand 5 minutes
- Use Burger Press to form 4 patties with brie cheese inside
- Preheat large Fry Pan or grill pan over medium heat. Add oil. Cook until golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes per side.
Recipe Tip: Make burgers; refrigerate or freeze. Reheat on barbecue for smoky flavour.
Avocado Burger Sauce
- In a medium mixing bowl, using Piano Wire Whisk, whisk together all ingredients.
- Store in a sealed container in fridge for up to 1 week.
Quickled Red Onions
MAKES: 1 C (250 ML)
- In a saucepan, combine water, vinegar, sugar, pickling mix, and salt.
- Boil, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour over sliced onion. Chill before serving.
Hack: Add pickled onion juice to Caesars and Bloody Marys or substitute it for the vinegar in your salad dressings.
Assemble with all your favourite burger fixings and enjoy! I love onions on my burgers: raw, pickled, caramelized or any combination. What is the one topping that makes your burger the best it can be?