Twitter told me today that March 1st is Peanut Butter Lovers’ Day, not to be confused with Peanut Butter Day on January 24th. I was planning on making Peanut Butter Cookies anyway, but I decided to include my social networks in the process. I instagrammed, tweeted and facebooked and probably made some people drool in the process. Here are the Instagram photos with the accompanying tweets followed by the normal recipe.
Recipe for Peanut Butter Cookies
makes about 3 dozen
1/2 cup soft butter
1/2 cup brown sugar – packed (I prefer light brown)
1/2 cup honey (the written recipe says 1/2 cup white sugar, but I always use honey)
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 tsp kosher salt (or to taste)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla (or to taste)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2.Cream butter with sugar (and honey if using instead of 1/2 cup sugar).
3. Beat in egg, peanut butter, salt, baking soda and vanilla.
4. Add flour.
5. Roll about 1 Tablespoon of dough into balls with wet hands and place with lots of space between on a cookie sheet.
6. Press a wet fork gently in a cross pattern on the balls of dough.
7. Sprinkle with kosher salt (optional)
8. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown.
What’s your favourite way to use peanut butter?
- Peanut Butter Lovers Rejoice: 5 Tasty Recipes to Try (news.health.com)
- For peanut butter lovers: March 1 is National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day (Photos) (examiner.com)
- 30 Recipes For The Peanut Butter Lovers (thegunnysack.com)
- Peanut Butter Pound Cake (tasteofamy.wordpress.com)
- National Peanut Butter Lover’s day (foodimentary.com)
- 60/365: National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day* (eatmywords365.com)