Twitter told me today that March 1st is Peanut Butter Lovers’ Day, not to be confused with Peanut Butter Day on January 24th. I was planning on making Peanut Butter Cookies anyway, but I decided to include my social networks in the process. I instagrammed, tweeted and facebooked and probably made some people drool in the process. Here are the Instagram photos with the accompanying tweets followed by the normal recipe.
Recipe for Peanut Butter Cookies
makes about 3 dozen
1/2 cup soft butter
1/2 cup brown sugar – packed (I prefer light brown)
1/2 cup honey (the written recipe says 1/2 cup white sugar, but I always use honey)
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 tsp kosher salt (or to taste)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla (or to taste)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2.Cream butter with sugar (and honey if using instead of 1/2 cup sugar).
3. Beat in egg, peanut butter, salt, baking soda and vanilla.
4. Add flour.
5. Roll about 1 Tablespoon of dough into balls with wet hands and place with lots of space between on a cookie sheet.
6. Press a wet fork gently in a cross pattern on the balls of dough.
7. Sprinkle with kosher salt (optional)
8. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown.
What’s your favourite way to use peanut butter?
- Peanut Butter Lovers Rejoice: 5 Tasty Recipes to Try (news.health.com)
- For peanut butter lovers: March 1 is National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day (Photos) (examiner.com)
- 30 Recipes For The Peanut Butter Lovers (thegunnysack.com)
- Peanut Butter Pound Cake (tasteofamy.wordpress.com)
- National Peanut Butter Lover’s day (foodimentary.com)
- 60/365: National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day* (eatmywords365.com)
Nice job celebrating today’s holiday – your cookies look delicious!
Thanks for your comment, Mark! I’m not usually organized enough to make these things happen, so it’s nice when it just comes together. Happy “Monkey Butter” Lovers’ Day!
You should enter these in our Cookie Contest!
Belle Grove Plantation
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Michelle! I will definitely look into it. While these cookies wouldn’t win a beauty contest they are definitely a cookie that make you go, “Mmmmmm….” 🙂
It’s not the beautiful but the taste! So you think James Madison would love them?? We hope you will enter.
The quest for the perfect peanut butter cookie is a worthy cause!
Thank you for your comment, Holiday Baker Man. While not as challenging as, say, brioche, a perfect peanut butter cookie is a wonderful thing!
You didn’t say how much peanut butter to use!!!!!
Mindy, thanks so much for noticing! You win a dozen virtual cookies.
I’ve updated the post with the peanut butter measurement.