Homemade treats are always the best, especially when they are a better copy of a commercial sweet! While I’ve never been a fan of Eatmore candy bars (too sugary), this version has become an indispensable part of our family’s annual Christmas cookie tray tradition.
Year after year, but
I love making them in Epicure’s Perfect Petites Silicone Cookware as it gives it the perfect shape and makes it super easy to pop them out! I used to cut them into bars, but they never looked so scrumptious.
1/2 Cup smooth peanut butter
1 Cup golden corn syrup
1 3/4 Cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/4 Cups rolled oats
2 Cups dry roasted peanuts
- Pulse oats in a food processor until small flakes (but not oat flour)
- Chop peanuts, but agin, not to a dust
- If not using silicone cookware, grease a 10″ x 6″ pan
- In a saucepan, bring peanut butter and corn syrup to a low boil and stir well.
- Remove from heat, add chocolate chips and mix until melted
- Add oats and peanuts and mix them in
- Pour into pan or scoop into silicone cookware
- Chill to harden (thaw for five minutes, then slice into bars, if using a pan)
Do you have a favourite store bought indulgence that you’ve made better at home?