I just had to share this recipe that I found on Gluten Free on a Shoestring, a really wonderful blog by Gluten Free cookbook author Nicole Hunn. The cornbread disappeared in under 24 hours, which is a new record in our house!
The only change I made was to use Greek Yogurt instead of plain yogurt. It was super simple and easy to throw together and went very well with Black Bean Chili we had for dinner, and with a smear of honey for dessert and topped with butter next to scrambled eggs for breakfast the next morning.
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes Yield: 1 cornbread
2 cups (264 g) coarsely ground yellow cornmeal
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 egg (60 g, out of shell) at room temperature, beaten
4 tablespoons (56 g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 1/2 cups (340 g) plain yogurt, at room temperature (can substitute an equal amount of sour cream or buttermilk)
4 tablespoons (84 g) honey
For the complete recipe please click through to Old Fashioned Gluten Free Cornbread on Gluten Free on a Shoestring.
What is your favourite thing to put on or eat with cornbread? Chili? Honey? Cheese? Butter?
- Ridiculously Easy Gluten-Free Cornbread (thegfbff.com)
- Not So Sweet Cornmeal-Only Cornbread (remedialgirllessons.wordpress.com)
- ‘Gluten-Free on a Shoestring’ wins wheat-free wars: Cranberry Bread recipe (examiner.com)
- Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Cornbread Muffins (callieleighcoker.wordpress.com)
- Cheesy Jalapeño Cornbread (Gluten-Free & Vegan) (silkandspiceblog.wordpress.com)
- Gluten Free Cornbread Stuffing Recipe (eathikelove.wordpress.com)
- Cornbread Stuffing Recipe (featsoftaste.wordpress.com)
- REVIEW: Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Cornbread Mix (thebefuddledstepmonster.com)
- Skillet Cornbread (glutenfreeamericana.com)
I love this! It will be perfect to make for Roy when I’m Northern bound. Would love the black bean chilli recipe please, it will be good to make while Im in the North! Thanks Julia, can’t wait to try it.
Hi Sophie, Let me know how it turns out for you! I don’t feel that I’ve perfected the chill recipe yet, but I’ll be sure to share it once I have.
Oh geez…that looks delicious!!